Dental anxiety can strike at any age and is not something you should ever be ashamed of. However, stress at the dentist’s office can be treated to ensure your visit will be comforting, pleasant, and beneficial for your health. For a better understanding of the basics of dental anxiety, listed below are some key facts about it:
– Breathing slowly and deeply can help you to relieve stress and lower your dental anxiety.
– Sometimes holding an item such as a squeeze ball or fidget spinner can help you overcome dental anxiety during your treatments.
– Although you may feel too embarrassed to speak up if you still feel pain after an anesthetic, it is important that you do so, as anesthetics work on different levels for each person. This way, you can get the correct dosage that you need.
– If you suffer from dental anxiety, make sure to let us know so that we can assist you.
– Listening to calming music can help you during your dental procedures, as some people experience dental anxiety based on the noises at the office.
Come in and see for yourself the magic of stress-free dentistry. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Steven J. Brazis and our team at our dentist office in Sacramento, California, call Steven J. Brazis, DDS at 916-731-5151 and a member of our team will gladly assist you. Get the smile you’ve always dreamed of!