Have you ever wondered what endodontists do? Endodontics is the dentistry focus on a specialized form of dentistry that uses advanced techniques to care for the root and pulp of teeth. For more information about endodontics, consider the following:
– It is possible for teeth that have had a root canal therapy to last a lifetime.
– Endodontists require an extra two years of advanced medical training beyond dental school.
– Endodontists are qualified to save broken or damaged teeth that otherwise would probably need to be extracted and replaced.
– By saving a tooth with a root canal procedure, it can make your tooth more functional for chewing foods, allow your smile to keep its natural look, and will keep your other teeth healthy and free of the menaces that come with missing teeth.
– Not only are endodontists capable of delivering root canal treatments, they can perform complex endodontic surgeries including ones to save damaged or broken teeth.
– Each year in the United States, Endodontists save millions of teeth with endodontic services, including root canals.
With endodontics, your smile will not only feel better, but it can save your teeth from extraction as well. If you would like to meet with Dr. Steven J. Brazis and our team at Steven J. Brazis, DDS for an examination, please call 916-731-5151 to schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Sacramento, California. We want to ensure your teeth remain healthy for a lifetime to come.